Here are the top ten things I learned on my recent college visit to the University of Utah. It was a beautiful campus and a school that has a lot to offer! Contact your CAA coaches if you want to learn more about this school.
1. The University of Utah has 92 undergrad majors. There are lots of options from business, engineering, education, humanities and more!
2. Here is a common application mistake that I learned on my visit: Don’t accidently apply to the University of Utah campus in South Korea! The main campus is in Salt Lake City.
3. Despite the University of Utah being so big, they still have a 17:1 student to faculty ratio.
4. When you are on campus at the University of Utah, look for the word “Imagine.” It is all over the place.
5. The University of Utah uses the 2002 Olympic Village as their on-campus housing! Pretty cool fact!
6. While the University of Utah is not a religious school, it has a background with the Mormon faith. They were founded by Brigham Young.
7. The George S. Eccles Legacy Bridge was built for the 2002 Olympics and has become a picturesque part of campus!
8. The University of Utah gymnastics team has won 10 national championships! Go Red Rocks!
9. It is important to apply by December 1st if you want to be considered for merit aid! This could mean a better financial aid package.
10. The University of Utah is the flagship university of Utah. It was founded back in 1850 as University of Deseret.